For a year, I’ve worked full-time immersing myself in all things workforce development.
- Ageism remains an acceptable prejudice.
- Talent is key.
- Resources for older workers to maintain, improve their talent are invisible.
- Employers and educators have disparate goals and metrics for success.
Where to start?
- Learn, from dozens of coffees, lunches and phone calls with all kinds of people. And, narrow my focus to employers and employees.
- Employers slowly grasping a different approach to recruitment, training, retention.
- Employees slowly coming to terms with the need to recruit themselves.
- Resources are slowly coming to light as our demographic reality meets the workforce.
I’ve been learning–now, it’s time to share, to gather partners, to build momentum. Incrementally.